TravelHUB puts THOUSANDS of certified, specialized travel agencies at your fingertips. Finding a highly specialized travel agency has never been easier!
Why use a travel agency?
About Edgerton’s Travel
In the early part of the twentieth century, the two primary means of commercial travel were by train and ship. F.W. Edgerton, Sr. was made ticket agent of the New York Central Railroad in LaPorte in 1922. Almost immediately he became eligible to handle steamship transportation along with his railroad duties. Anticipating the future of travel, he opened, in 1924, a separate travel agency office. This was the origin of Edgerton’s Travel. From this small beginning, ETS continued to grow through the 20’s and most of the 30’s until WWII. While pleasure travel came to a complete halt, ETS, in conjunction with the New York Central Railroad, continued to handle government and military transportation. This enabled ETS to continue operating. Late in 1945, following the end of hostilities, F.W. Edgerton, Sr. and Jr. moved the office to South Bend. ETS became incorporated in 1953. Our first branch office was opened in Valparaiso in 1966. Subsequent branches were opened in Elkhart in 1970, LaPorte in 1973 and Ft. Wayne in 1985. In 2008, Edgerton’s Travel has consolidated service centers into 4 offices in LaPorte, Mishawaka, Elkhart and Fort Wayne.
Do you know that…
- Airfare prices change daily?
- That great deal you found on your own today may be old news tomorrow?
- A difference of one day in departing or arriving dates can save you hundreds?
- Travel agents often have first-hand experience with the places they recommend?
- Certified travel agencies have a lot more leverage than individuals when settling disputes with airlines and travel suppliers?
You can have a team of “insiders” working for you. Just use the search box above to find them!
Travel Agents: Click Here to add your Travel Agency to TravelHUB.